Some important information about personal safety.
The vast majority of people using our website are trustworthy and well-meaning. However, millions of violent crimes occur in the U.S. each year: 10,000+ homicides, 600,000+ robberies, 5 million assaults. However, few of these are online classifieds-related. Please take the same common sense precautions online as you would offline. When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home
- Be especially careful buying/selling high value items
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going
- Take your cell phone along if you have one
- Consider having a friend accompany you
- Trust your instincts
Taking these simple precautions helps make our classifieds website safer for everyone.
For more information about personal safety online, check out these resources:
Please review our Online safety page as well.